photo zine w/ patch. ed. of 53
Taylor Duff is on Tumblr! Check out his blog.
In honor of Neoglyphic’s new issue of Emergence coming soon, this is the page I did for last issue
That’s right! We’ve got another issue in the making and Ben will be returning with a new comic!
There are about 100 copies left of the first issue, which are included in all orders from neoglyphicmedia.com and may still be available from any of the bookstores that stock our books.
A little over a year after this book was put out and with the 2nd issue just around the corner, maybe it’s time to take a minute to look back at a year’s worth of reviews:
- Atomic Books Blog: Max Clotfelter’s 10 Favorite Mini-Comics of 2013 - Max names Poor Thing #1 as his favorite comic of the year, tied with It Will All Hurt by Farel Dalrymple.
- What’s Up! Poor Thing: Entirely in Ballpoint Pen - A great feature on Poor Thing for a Bellingham’s What’s Up! Magazine, including an interview with Drew, looking into his process and inspiration in creating this project.
- Think Faest! Mega Comics Review - Getting another ‘best comic’ mention alongside some really high-profile titles from indie-comics household names.
- High-Low: Weird Worlds - Rob Clough gives a quick rundown with some of his favorite scenes and elements of the first issue.
- Letter to Meathaus: Neoglyphic Media - Chris McD shows off his favorite page.
You can still pick up a copy through Neoglyphic Media, or ask your favorite independent bookstore to get a copy for you.
Poor Thing #1 made the Notable Mentions list in the Best American Comics 2014! Thanks to editors, Bill Kartalopoulos and Scott McCloud!
We’ve outgrown our current space and are ready to find our forever-home.
Our friends, who run the Black Coffee Coop in Seattle are moving their shop to a new home. To help them out, we’re offering a grab-bag of our publications for folks who pledge to donate $125 or more.
If you can afford to help them out, Black Coffee is an awesome space that Seattle is lucky to have!
Because of the timing, these packages will likely include some of our upcoming publications, which will be printed to premiere at CAB and Short Run this November.
Hey Anna! Good to meet you this weekend, it was awesome getting to talk about art and printing with you. I started reading your QPOC zine last night, thanks! I’m excited to meet up with you again at Short Run in November.
Thanks for picking up Decadence #10 and Slithering Sleep while you were in town. I’ll be continuing distro for a bunch of the Decadence comics, but they will only be available through web-orders or through the Alternative Library here in Bellingham. I’ve started listing them at: http://neoglyphicmedia.com/artists/decadence-comics/
Check out that guest list!
So excited to be heading out to Comic Arts Brooklyn again! This is going to be an amazing show.
So grateful to be able to return this year with some new things to be released for this show!
More details from the mural at Ida, in Tennessee, by Danielle Burton.
Honored to design and paint a mural at Ida with the help of beautiful people Anthony, Mars, and Purple
Mural by Danielle Burton! Detail photos: